Microsuction also offers several benefits such as:
• It offers doctors a clear view of the ear. The binocular microscope used with this treatment means doctors can clearly see the ear canal and the presence of wax. This makes it significantly easier to get rid of all traces of it. Safety-wise, it’s always better to have an accurate view of the area being treated.
• It’s a neater treatment with no messy water used. Ear syringing involves water being flushed into the ear, but there’s no need for that with microsuction. Not only does this reduce any risk of infection, but it also makes for a more comfortable experience for patients.
• It’s safe for perforations. For those who have a perforated eardrum, microsuction ear wax removal is the safest treatment option. It is the most accurate method for wax removal and there is no risk of anything being pushed into your eardrum.
• It gives your doctor a chance to examine the ear for any infections or perforations. Thanks to the binocular microscope, your doctor will be able to carry out a more thorough ear examination to treat your ear appropriately. Ultimately, this is much safer than ear syringing or ear irrigation where the inner ear isn’t examined for any issues.
• The microsuction treatment is comfortable and pain-free. Unlike ear syringing, which is known to cause discomfort to some patients, microsuction is a more comfortable method of wax removal. However, it’s important to mention that private ear syringing isn’t painful either. With both methods, make sure you remain still throughout the procedure to avoid any damage to the sensitive inner ear area.